I was going to answer this with something simple but i already took the pictures so here:
These are the things i use. Some form of deck screw and this anchor i found. I didnt use the screws that came with the anchors because it was too tight of a fit that it would have ripped the anchor out if you twisted enough.
Heres one method to attaching horns. I recently stopped using this method because i opened up horn commissions and i cant use this way of attachment for things that aren’t mine. So you just screw it into the horn. Then take it out and fill the hole left by the screw with hot glue and let it dry. Once dry you drill the screw into the hot glue and it gets it really tight so you dont have to worry about wobbliness. I started using this attachment method because I felt that the way i attached with the achors before didnt get them tight enough and had a higher chance of them unscrewing.
The problems i faced with this method is that after you take them off you have to re-inject hot glue into the hole. Also when screwing into the hot glue you have to push fairly hard on the horn and I know how much force my horns can withstand and i know how hard to push but other people dont so if anything happens i cant fix their problem.
Anyway the next way of attachment, the one i use for commissioned horns.
Anchors and screws. The way i do this is I take the screwdriver that i use to screw shit in and jam into the horn in the center like how i didnt do in the picture and not nearly as hard as the word “jam” makes it sound. I do this because sometimes the wire and foil that i use for structure can get in the way if i just shove the anchor in so the screwdriver pushes that all away with ease.
This creates a hole just big enough to fit the anchor in.
Then I inject hot glue into the hole enough to fill it.Then shove the anchor in.And fill around the anchor to secure it and to give it some friction when attaching to the headband for a tighter fit.Then youre done.Side Tip: I use a “master headband” with several holes in it that i use to test the position of the horns before i drill holes in the headband so i dont end up drilling 3 different holes because i couldnt get the position right. This way i can just take the master headband and put it over the normal headband and mark where the hole is easily.TL;DR both.
so i just spent like 4 hours doing this instead of anything remotely productive like it actually took me so long to finish that lisa fell asleep on the couch waiting
each cupcake is the troll’s blood color and then it’s all frosted n stuff
drawing with icing is hard
Meulin Charm. MOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOG!!!!!!
paperclay, acrylic paint and polyurethane finish
after staying up all night I finally finished my terezi glasses. I’m happy to say I found all of the supplies i needed in my room and didn’t have to go to the store to buy anything :D
Kurloz Makara/detailed skeleton top.
Super surprise no.1 for Modestdemidov!
Tried making mini figures. Worked out really well!
THE OTHER WILL STAY A SURPRISE AAAHAHAHAHAHH
The Aranea-inspired mask I made for zillynope. I rather liked this one! The shape is inspired by Aranea’s glasses and of course I needed a splash of red just like on her shoes.
My half of a trade with Modestdemidov!
Tried to make Dirk as dynamic as possible for this one. Meaning that he looks cool from all angles. He sticks to his stand with two little wires that slot into his feet and you can take the sword out and have him hold anything you’d like.
My Disciple book is finally finished!! all that’s left is for mike to rig up the back with some LEDs so that when I open the back pages, i’ll get a pretty glow coming out!! and If i get it at the right angle, you won’t even be able to see them eheheh
i painted the pictures using a mix of really dry acrylics and really watered down acrylics. i’m very very pleased with how it turned out, and I’ll probably end up posting another picture once the lights are all set up!!